Monthly Archives: December 2007
The Suzuki SX4 is the latest in a series of possible comeback cars from a company most Americans are only dimly aware of.
The little car is available in more varieties than many bigger sellers, offering among other things a wagon/hatchback variant and all wheel drive; but more than anything, it should firmly put memories of the late Samurai to rest.
Nissan GT-R specifications and few interesting photos.
• VR-series twin-turbocharged 3.8-litre V6.
• 353kw at 6,800 rpm. 588 Nm torque at 3,200–5,200 rpm.
• Dual overhead camshafts with variable intake-valve timing.
• Cast aluminum cylinder block with high-endurance/low-friction plasma-sprayed bores.
• IHI twin turbochargers, one per cylinder bank.
• Pressurized lubrication system with thermostatically controlled cooling.
The MAZDASPEED6 is Mazda‘s all-new high-performance all-wheel-drive sedan, based on the Mazda6 sedan. The MAZDASPEED6 comes in two trim levels: Sport and Grand Touring. With looks very similar to the Mazda6, the MAZDASPEED6 has an all-new front and rear fascia, hood, front fenders and taillights.
The hood sticks out to accommodate the intercooler and a hood scoop has been integrated to feed outside air into the engine. Extended side skirts, twin tailpipes, a lip spoiler and lightweight 18-inch alloy wheels with high-performance tires help complete the aerodynamic look to the body. The MAZDASPEED6 rides lower than a standard MAZDA6 and the double-wishbone front and rear multi-link suspension setups have been tweaked to further enhance handling.
The end is nigh for Toyota’s plucky MR2 mid-engined roadster. Already a goner in left-hand-drive markets, a final batch of 300 units is being knocked up for the UK.
Each example features custom leather and Alcantara suede-effect upholstery and unique series numbering sown into the seat backs. Just five body colours are on offer: silver, black, sable, red and blue.
Headline specifications and performance numbers, for those who have forgotten, include 138bhp from the mid-mounted four pot lump, zero to 60mph in eight seconds flat and a Vmax of 131mph. The MR2 TF300 is on sale now for a mere £18,015. That’s a premium of £865 over a boggo MR2. Toyota has not announced any plans to replace the MR2.
– Weights: 1,480 kg;
– Engine: 1994 cc, 4 cylinders, Dual AVCS (Active valve control system), 16 valves, DOHC, Turbo (twin scroll);
– Maximum power: 227 km at 6,400 rpm;
– Maximum torque: 422 Nm at 4,400 rpm
– Fuel tank: 60 liters;
– Gear box: 6 speed, manual transmission;
– Tyres: 245/ 40R 18